Sunday 18 August 2013

Happiness is?


     Ahhhh the deep deep questions. The ones that make you really ponder. What is Happiness truly? How does one obtain this, and better yet maintain this? Can someone always be happy?.... probably not unless they are on a steady dose of uppers and perks... but hey! Obviously that doesnt seem to working out so well for the people trying that road to bliss.

     Being a Massage Therapist I often feel like a part time psychologist . And to be honest this is something I also love about my job. I truly love trying to help people and make them happy. Perhaps too much as I have been reffered to as "Dr.Phil" by my husband.  But hey, I just want to live in a big happy bubble where people get along. Is that too much to ask?


      Happiness, Happiness. When asked by clients what makes someone happy, I find that should be such a simple answer. And really its true... so many many simple things can make someone feel happy.
      I find the state of happiness is contagious. Being around happy people often will uplift the mood of everyone around them. So why is that we dont run off and join the circus with clowns and entertainers? .... Good question, sounds kinda appealing actually. Living a life with someone like Mr. Bean as a best friend, I feel would solve all my problems. Even the way he nasally, through pinched lips says ..."Bean" brings a smile to my face.

           But back on topic. Does anyone know the real answer. When I ask people, everyone has a different answer. Many would say happiness is watching their children, or being with family or friends. Others would say they find contentment in solitude and nature. The answers are vast and vary.
     So what makes me happy? Easy, simple stressfree days. Laughing with friends and family. Walking my dogs, doing yoga, dancing, laughing... laughing at people laughing (laughing at people falling) and laughing at people laughing at people falling.

    Now does that mean that material things in life aren't important? Yes it does! Granted we all need a roof over our heads and a ways to get to work. And society requires we have jobs and make money to obtain these eartly possesions. But dont be fooled by thinking these are the things that drive us towards happiness.
   These are simply a necessary means of survival in todays world. (Unless you are gutsy enough to run away to a tropical island and live off the land). So I think it is also important to look for some enjoyment in what we do. No matter what it is that we do, remember do it for you. It may not alwasy be fun and glamourous, but find the good in it, and smile.

          As I was taught in my yoga training, live for today and embrace what is. Love when you get the chance. Laugh when you get the chance, and don't let life drag ya down.
       And if you care to... tell me what makes you happy?

Cheers












No comments:

Post a Comment